I've sent a new shoe to Mark, who has taken over from the Wongstar as my magic running shoe builder, I'm not sure what's changed but my feet have been rubbing more around my toes lately even though my current shoe, Zoot Mens Energy 2.0 is identical model and size. I've sent Mark a pair of K-Swiss K-Ona S Mens, they have a much wider front. Getting the first pair of shoes heavily modified is always difficult since every shoe is constructed differently. The new shoe is on its way back I'll cover that in an upcoming blog. You can see my current built-up shoe in this picture(click to enlarge) taken by John Chung as I "ran" in on the last lap at Corpus.
So, for races and big training sessions at the moment my outlook is:
- 4/27 HITS Marble Falls race; full ironman distance, but only the swim and the bike, maybe a short run.
- 5/4 Shiner Century Ride
- 7/14 Challenge Roth
- 8/4 Jacks GenericTriathlon
- 9/14 Volunteering at the ITU Triathlon World Series final
- 9/28-29, Sprint and the half distance at Kerrville Triathlon Festival
- 10/23 Livestrong Challenge Century
- 11/10 ITU World Long Course series race, Phuket, Thailand